MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
Announcement Number: Marketing & Communications 04-19
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore, MD
Hiring Range: $45,000+ depending upon qualifications. State salary rules may apply for promotions and transferees.
Status: Regular, Full-time, Benefitted
Closing Date: May 13, 2019 @ 11:59 PM EST
NATURE OF WORK
A Maryland Sports/MSA Marketing and Communications Associate is primarily responsible for actively engaging multiple audiences via digital and social media to increase visibility, interactivity, and brand awareness. This position manages and executes day-to-day activity on Maryland Sports and MSA social media channels- Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. using social media to drive users to the organizations’ websites, enhance its’ brands, promote events and programs, and ensure that communications are aligned with brand messaging and policies. Additionally, the incumbent will support some Public Information Officer (PIO) functions and coordinate project support, promotions, PR and information initiatives for MSA and Maryland Sports.
Employees in this classification do not supervise and receives moderate supervision from the Executive Director of Maryland Sports/MSA VP of Marketing and Communications.
Employees in this class may be required to work evenings and weekends to attend various partner events.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Develops, implements, and manages blog, social media, and website communications to include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other web-based social sites
- Uses videos, photography, tweets, text, and blogs to advance marketing goals
- Collaborates with other members of the marketing team to ensure achievement of overall marketing strategies and goals
- Measures campaign performance to translate into clear, actionable insights
- Promotes MSA and Maryland Sports projects and services during events
- Produces marketing copy for annual reports, bid materials, ads, articles, and promotions
- Maintains database and performs applicable research
- Writes compellingly and accurately, and shows attention to detail
- Works collaboratively with our TEAM Maryland partner initiatives and other key stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects while maintaining perspective on long-term goals
- An entrepreneurial attitude and personal charisma and eagerness to be a dynamic and compelling ambassador to all audiences
- Experience in communications with a particular emphasis in digital and social media. Must have experience in content management systems and website development. Knowledge of publications and web/video/audio is highly preferred
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the Sport Tourism Industry highly preferred
- Fluency with PowerPoint and or other presentation platforms (i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud) and the ability and maturity to make presentations to staff at all levels including senior staff members and external partners
- A proven track record developing and disseminating effective communications from concept to execution
Key Competencies: critical thinking and problem solving skills, adaptability, decision-making, communication skills, delegation, teamwork, planning and organizing, influencing and leading, stress tolerance, conflict management
(Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying).
Specific educational and experience requirements are set by this agency based on the essential job functions assigned to the position. Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills, abilities, and key competencies necessary to the management and execution of tasks is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably with a major in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Sport Management or relevant field
Experience: Minimum of three to five years of experience in positions encompassing strategic communications, media relations, public affairs, sport tourism/events or digital engagement
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
Environment —Work may be performed in a standard office setting with periodic travel to worksite locations to perform departmental activities. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. On occasion, employee may be required to work extended hours.
Physical —Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; to operate a vehicle to travel to various locations; to operate and use specialized equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit an Maryland Stadium Authority employment application via webform, e-mail or mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Fill out the application on MSA's website
Option 2 - Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Announcement Number Marketing & Communications 04-19 in the subject line.
Option 3 - Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number Marketing & Communications 04-19
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560, or toll free 1-877-637-8234. TTY users may call via the Maryland Relay Service.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.