You are here
Here 2 Play » Anne Arundel County
Out With the Old, In With the New!
- With many exhilarating events this past year, 2017 was an important year for the sport tourism industry! Here’s what to look forward to in wrapping up 2017 as well as events happening in the first few months of 2018 in Maryland. Ending the exciting year with a bang is the Governor’s Challenge in Wicomico County, […]
TEAM Maryland Tuesday: Anne Arundel County
- Home of the State’s Capital, Annapolis and Anne Arundel County offer 17 sprawling turf fields with lighting, a 38,000 seat Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, a nationally recognized Chesapeake BMX Arena, and 100 plus multi-use fields and parks. Sport tourism in Annapolis dates back to the pre-Revolutionary War era — even though nobody called it “sport […]
Take Part in the Fifth Largest 10K in the Nation, Right in Your Backyard!
- As the leaves change color and the air grows brisk, runners across the Chesapeake Bay area prepare for the highly-anticipated 4th Annual Across the Bay 10K. Across the Bay 10K includes not only one of the largest mid-distance events in the nation, but also a Kid’s Fun Run at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium and a […]
Maryland’s Own Monday: HoganLax
- Based out of Anne Arundel County, HoganLax has been showcasing high quality boy’s lacrosse tournaments since its birth in 2002 throughout the state of Maryland, a local hotspot for lacrosse. Throughout the year, HoganLax has approximately 800 teams attend their events with over 17,000 players and roughly 40,000 family members nationally and internationally, but it […]
Featured Venue Friday: Chesapeake BMX
- Action-packed berm turns, table tops and step-ups are only among a few adrenaline boosters to all who compete at the famous and respected Chesapeake BMX. Nestled in Severn-Danza Park, Chesapeake BMX is one of the top rated tracks among roughly 300 on the East Coast. Being only one of four tracks within the state of […]