You are here
Here 2 Play » Anne Arundel County
Oriole Park at Camden Yards Offers Collegiate Competition This Weekend
- Baseball fans can catch a few games prior to Opening Day this Sunday at Camden Yards, but it won’t be the Orioles up to bat just yet. (From Navy Athletics in Annapolis, Md.) — A multi-dimensional partnership between the Baltimore Orioles and Naval Academy Athletic Association was announced on Wednesday, February 28 that is highlighted by […]
NHL Makes its Way Back to Navy Marine-Corps Memorial Stadium
- On Saturday March 3rd, Annapolis and the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium will be hosting the 2018 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series. Serving many purposes, Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium first opened in 1959. Today, the stadium is a state-of-the-art facility hosting football, men’s and women’s lacrosse and sprint football as well as major events like the […]
Out With the Old, In With the New!
- With many exhilarating events this past year, 2017 was an important year for the sport tourism industry! Here’s what to look forward to in wrapping up 2017 as well as events happening in the first few months of 2018 in Maryland. Ending the exciting year with a bang is the Governor’s Challenge in Wicomico County, […]
TEAM Maryland Tuesday: Anne Arundel County
- Home of the State’s Capital, Annapolis and Anne Arundel County offer 17 sprawling turf fields with lighting, a 38,000 seat Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, a nationally recognized Chesapeake BMX Arena, and 100 plus multi-use fields and parks. Sport tourism in Annapolis dates back to the pre-Revolutionary War era — even though nobody called it “sport […]
Take Part in the Fifth Largest 10K in the Nation, Right in Your Backyard!
- As the leaves change color and the air grows brisk, runners across the Chesapeake Bay area prepare for the highly-anticipated 4th Annual Across the Bay 10K. Across the Bay 10K includes not only one of the largest mid-distance events in the nation, but also a Kid’s Fun Run at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium and a […]